At Vermont Woods Studios Furniture we're feeling very lucky that we did not sustain much damage (except for Dennis' workstation but that's another story).
As I wrote yesterday, nearly our whole state is in a state of complete catastrophe so we are in a mode of trying to figure out what we can do to help others. Many of you have asked the same thing and I thought I would pass on the suggestions given to us by our Congressman, Peter Welch:
- To volunteer contact the Vermont Red Cross at 802-660-9130. You can also donate to the American Red Cross of Vermont and the New Hampshire Valley (the Red Cross set up shelters immediately after Irene hit for flooded-out families to stay in).
- Text FOODNOW to 52000 to donate $10 to Vermont Foodbank. The Foodbank will turn each donation into $60 for families in need.
- VTResponse.com is working to connect volunteers ready to help with those that need assistance. If you want to help clean up and rebuild, let the folks behind this site know.
- The Vermont Emergency Managememt Facebook has the latest infoand updates state-wide
- Volunteer and cleanup efforts are also being coordinated on Twitter via the #VTresponse hashtag.